RE: Valve clearances - OHC

To: "'Allen Nugent'" <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: RE: Valve clearances - OHC
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:11:46 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
As you will know the usual leak down test is just a compression test
with oil injected in the cylinders. This should in theory give the
distinction between leaking valves and worn piston rings (blow-by). Of
course if you pressurize the cylinder with air you could as well inject
oil. How about taking a spark plug and removing the center electrode
somehow, should give a good pressure line adapter...

Gernot