Re: Gas Odor In The Garage - 1966 TR4A

To: Tom Winslow <tom_winslow@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Gas Odor In The Garage - 1966 TR4A
From: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:30:39 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Tom,

I had the same problem with a 59 TR3. First problem was a rusty fuel
line, which I replaced with a new copper line. (lets not start that
thread again) After that was fixed I still had a gas odor. One day while
washing it outside I smelled gas at the right rear tire, that's where
the tank vent is. Maybe I did a bad thing, but I put a piece of foam in
the vent pipe. Enough to let some air in to replace the gas used but it
closed it enough to keep it from just wafting out of the tank. Now I
have a garage that only smells of oil and carb cleaner.
--
Cheers,
Mike Thompson