Re: Embarrassed to show drivers?

To: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Embarrassed to show drivers?
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 23:01:32 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I had the chance to drive a '66 Corvair Spyder in 1968. I was 15 at the time,
but
I liked the way it handled especially when compared to the land yachts that the
U.S. was turning out then.  I might add that by age 15 , I had driven a variety
of
vehicles. It was only a couple of months later that I bought my first car- a
1959
TR3.
If only you had the chance to drive a Corvair when it was new. They really were
decent car. Regardless of what you might read down under, Ol' Ralphie has been
pretty much discredited here by everyone but the lunatic fringe, IMHO. "Unsafe
at
any speed" - What bull$%&%.  He should have directed his misguided angst at
Fiats,
or Volkswagens.  Ralph had a good backing and got a lot of press- doesn't mean
he
knows what the hell he's talking about.

Just my 2 farthings,

Jeff Johnson