Re: VB's dashes and gauge question

To: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: VB's dashes and gauge question
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 14:00:31 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>Anyone familiar with the quality of VB's 'walnut' dashes?  My dash is
>trashed beyond repair (veneer is gone in many areas) and, frankly, I'd just
>like to replace it.  Does it approximate the OE color, is it shiny or matte
>finish, how is the build quality?
**************************************
The dashes are of solid walnut, not like the original equipment.  The dash
I got fit ok, but the gauge openings had to be relieved, and in the end I
ended up refinishing the old one.
*************************************
>One other note:  I'd like to use chrome bezels on my gauges instead of the
>OE black ones.  My older 68 GT6 had chrome, which I prefer.  My question is
>whether or not the bezels are interchangable between models.
Yes, they are interchangeable.  They don't "screw on" but are held on by
tabs on the underside.  You simply turn the bezel until the tabs line up
with the slots in the body of the gauge and the bezel "should" come off.

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)