Re: Tales of the jumping gas nozzle

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tales of the jumping gas nozzle
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 10:43:32 -0700
Charlie writes:
> The automatic gas shutoff caused the nozzle to fly up into the
>air, totally out of the opening,  and landed on the trunk lid with enough
>force to put acouple of dents and scratches in the lid.
This is one of the main reasons that I always fill the tank myself.  I
realize though, that in some arcane states this practice is against the law
(Oregon springs to mind) and in that case you have no choice but to let the
attendant fill the car.  You can always make sure they don't let it go
unattended though-

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)