Re: Too Much Idle Chatter

To: walker05@camosun.bc.ca, msecres@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Too Much Idle Chatter
From: Rikrock <Rikrock@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 22:31:13 EDT
Cc: hoops@owt.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-05-13 22:37:55 EDT, walker05@camosun.bc.ca writes:

<<
 That's funny, I though the list ran smoothly at idle.

 OTOH, my Chevette has too much idle chatter, I think it's the timing.

Listers,

Malcolm's post seems on target to me.

I am coming in on this a little late, I think, because I deleted without
reading the original post and several followups.  I do that sort of thing
quite a bit, actually.  When I look at the subject line, I make a decision
based on what the person puts in that line.  If it seems to me interesting,
something I might know about, or want to know about, I read the post.
Otherwise, I delete it.  When I read "Too much idle chatter" I think the post
must have something to do with rough idle.  Right now, all my cars are idling
smoothly.  While I might be able to offer some advice to a person whose car is
not idling smoothly, I would rather not get involved with it, being that there
are so many factors involved with rough idle.  I know that there are other
listers out there who will be offering good advice, so I stay out of it.

My point here is that if there was more specificity in some of the "subject"
lines, there might be fewer people reading posts that are of no interest to
them.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not a BIG PROBLEM......I read all the "Humor-non
lbc" posts, and love them.  Reading many of the other posts that I do by
accident,can be pretty entertaining, too.  This list is made up of many people
who have a great deal of knowledge, a great writing style, and a great sense
of humor.