Re: TR-6 Bottom End Rebuild

To: "Richard W. Leopold" <rleopold@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: TR-6 Bottom End Rebuild
From: Chad Stretz <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 06:49:27 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Richard,
This operation is much more intimidating than it really should be.  Use a
good manual,  (I prefer a Bentley)  a good torque wrench, and give yourself
plenty of time.

I believe Moss carries the bearings you are looking for.  Someone correct me
please if I am mistaken.

I don't think it matters whether you do the mains or rods first, but I would
suggest that you do one cap at a time to keep from getting parts mixed up,
and of course to keep from dropping the crankshaft on your head.

While you're in there, be sure to check/replace the thrust washers and the
oil pump.

Any decent auto parts store will carry engine assembly lube.  Use  it
liberally.

I would also suggest that you disconnect the coil wire and turn the engine
over until you get oil pressure.  Then start it.

Good luck!

Chad Stretz
73 TR6
CF7511U