Re: Unleaded in the U.S. in the late sixties

To: <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Unleaded in the U.S. in the late sixties
From: "The Browns" <thebrown@scci.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 12:54:44 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
John,
I bought my TR4 ('65) new in 1966.  I ran this car for years with Amoco
premium white with no ill effects.  When I overhauled this engine
several years ago, I had one seat that needed replacing.  Probably due
to bad adjustment or defective seat or valve.  But generally the
condition of the seats and valves were not overly worn.  I have replaced
all valves and resurfaced seats, only.  To this day, I have not had any
problems, though I did change to using leaded fuel until it was no
longer available.  No I add a lead substitute just to be safe.
D. Brown
TR4
CT37002