BMC Day in Georgia + carb question (kinda long)

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BMC Day in Georgia + carb question (kinda long)
From: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 21:13:05 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
The BMC day here in Braselton, GA seemed to be a great success.  There
appeared to be many more cars this year than last, with the 'big dollar'
marques like Lotus & TVR less represented, while TR, MG, and especially AH
were large as usual.  My informal estimate was 350-400 cars, which is not
bad for a little town in North GA.

A VERY nice BRG TR-6 was there, from North Carolina.  Never met the owner,
but it was sweet, even with the gold crosslaced BBS-style wheels.  Others
that caught my eye:  a perfect 71 E-type with an immaculate restoration and
THAT V-12!  A real AC Cobra, a nice driver-type 64 Aston Martin DB-5, and
the usual array of 'B's.  Sorry to rant, I just love these cars, even if I'm
not the world's best mechanic.  There's just something about a British
sports car that is appealing to me.  Anyway...

I had the only GT6 there...at least until the 69 'original' (he says) race
prepared, unrestored, totally awesome laurel green one pulled up!  OK, I'm
not ashamed, let's take a look!  Boy, was it nice.  I noticed something that
seemed a little unusual.  It was obviously an SVRA/SCCA racer, but instead
of the usual Webers or even SU's, he had dual ZS-175CDSE's on there, which
leads me to my question:

Being that I want to do something other than the stock ZS150's on my 70 GT6,
are the 175's a reasonable choice?  If so, what are the plusses and minuses
of this?  Or would a set of dual or triple 'streetable' webers or SU's be
more appropriate?  I hope I'm not opening a can of worms here, but those
175's were interesting.  Beautiful car, I think the guy's name was Mike
Cammarata, if anybody knows him?  My compliments to him for a nice job on
his GT-6.

Sorry for the length, just had to share!

Later!

Scott Decker
70 GT6+ KC79034L