Off to do battle (or I shoulda let Woody do it)

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Off to do battle (or I shoulda let Woody do it)
From: stu.jo@ibm.net
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 09:32:00 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Well, on Friday I had all the valve springs and a bent pushrod replaced
on the TR8 because the shop that resurfaced my heads put 0.060 shims
under the valve springs without telling me,in addition to taking 0.012"
off the head. When I replaced the worn out camshaft I broke three valve
springs, bent two more, and a pushrod looked like a pretzel.Total repair
cost was $350. Today I am marching down to the machine shop and
demanding compensation. Any bets on whether I get any satisfaction?
Stu
74 Tr6 80 Tr8