Re: theft prevention...

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: theft prevention...
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 09:48:46 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Peter Zaborski wrote:

> What are people using for theft prevention devices on their Triumphs?
>
> BTW, my objective is not so much preventing a theft by a "hardened"
> criminal, but rather deterring the casual "punk" from targeting my car and
> instead moving on to easier loot.

        First, driving a British car is one of the better theft deterrents
        You can happen upon. If you want to go further, and have an electric
        fuel pump, install a remote switch somewhere only you know. If
        you're REALLY cheap, just take the rotor out of your distributor.
        How many casual thieves do you know walking around with a TR6
        distributor rotor? Hey, it worked back in WWII to keep jeeps
        from walking away.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois