Steering wheel brush

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Steering wheel brush
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 09:49:21 -0700 (PDT)
OK, the steering column has been painted, nuts & bolts renewed, and now I
have to figure out my horn circuit.

When I got the car it was shorted out; the little brush & spring were
non-existant and the purple wire was frayed through and grounded.  The
wire has been fixed but now I need to put a brush in it.

Is it made out of carbon-stuff, like motor brushes?  Or metal?  Should I
use brass, bronze, aluminum, ??

It appears that the ring is made of bronze.  If I use a dissimilar metal,
will the (minimal) electricity cause something nasty?  I intend to route a
relay though the circuit to bypass all those amps pulsing past my hands.

thanks,
-Malcolm