Re: Stuck lug nuts.

To: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Subject: Re: Stuck lug nuts.
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 09:53:00 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Roger Helman wrote:

>    I guess I should come clean. I actually  broke the socket by using my 1/2
>inch
> drive ratchet, a 4 inch extension and a two foot cheater bar. I was vigorously
> jumping up and down on the bar (it was parallel to the ground) when the socket
> broke. I don't think  the BFH I used to hammer the 3/4 socket onto the lug
>helped
> either.  But from now on I promise to  use the right tool for the right job.
>Nudge

Yoikes!  You're lucky the ratchet didn't bust.  I've had that happen, and
it usually results in personal injury :-(

Is the nut that was behind the chrome doodad still hexagonal?  Can you get
a socket on it?  It might be metric, now that the chrome is off.

I have used the "jump-on-cheater-bar" method quite a few times, and it has
worked.  "George just lucky I guess"

-Malcolm, King of Jungle