RPM

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RPM
From: Ray Bryant <photoray@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 23:23:33 -0500
Hi Y'all,
A little over a month ago I had my eye on a '73 Spit.  I've never been into
fixing up old cars, but I entered my 40's and wanted something different to
do.  When I finally decided to go ahead and buy the car our house AC needed
replaced and it cost about the same as the car.  Well, I had to take care
of the AC and then I felt guilty spending the money on the car.  I was
depressed for about a week until one day (our 20th aniversary) my wonderful
wife took me over to a friend's house where she surprised me with the car.
Wow!!  I'm in love with 3 girls now.  My wife, my daughter and now my
Spitfire.
Question: When I'm tooling around town, is there an ideal RPM to stay above
for the sake of the engine?  I've heard that some engines of other makes
disperse the oil over the internal parts best when a higher RPM is
maintained.  IE: 30mph in 3rd gear.
Thanks,
Ray Bryant

Keller, Texas