Re: Purchasing parts from private parties

To: Victor Michael <vmichael@enteract.com>
Subject: Re: Purchasing parts from private parties
From: "Dennis F. Kimberlin" <dkimberl@ops.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 10:47:00 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Victor:
Recently did both thru the net.  Usual is to determine the part and
whether or not it is in good shape (you have to trust the seller), then
agree on a price.  Send the check, he or she sends the part.
I recently did one with a lister in Fla.  Worked great, but the parts he
sent were worse than the ones I had, so he agreed to take them back and
send me a refund.
Watching this thread in the past, I've found most of us are reliable,
honest and not out to get the other person.  Occasionally someone gets
involved in a sour deal, but the "bad press" that follows on the list
for the seller isn't worth it.
So, my advice, don't worry, use common sense and relax.

Dennis
75 SPIT
Omaha, NE