TR4 OD retrofit (Sanity check)

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: TR4 OD retrofit (Sanity check)
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 11:42:36 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

>>>>> "ArthurK101" == ArthurK101  <ArthurK101@aol.com> writes:

    ArthurK101> Folks, just need a "sanity check".  Someone
    ArthurK101> asked me about fitting an overdrive to a TR4
    ArthurK101> transmission which never had overdrive.  My
    ArthurK101> answer was that he would need to get a
    ArthurK101> transmission which originally had OD.  But
    ArthurK101> there is that funny feeling in my head that
    ArthurK101> means I might have given him the wrong advice.

    ArthurK101> Any comments?  TIA

I think that except for the backing plate there's no
difference between the two back to the "tail" or the O/D case.
I have both, and I've had them on the bench at the same time
several times.  Most times I see an O/D for sale, however, it
doesn't include the backing/adapter plate so that could be a
sticking point.

                                                        -MM