Air Filter Element

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Air Filter Element
From: "Dennis F. Kimberlin" <dkimberl@ops.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 12:13:58 -0500
Time to replace the stock unit in my SPIT, but not sure which direction
to go.  We have enough dust in the air around here that I need something
with an element, so the ram horn is out.  Here's what I've narrowed to:

      1.  Weiand - a foam element, reusable, minimum
restriction.                          pricey
      2.  K+N - chrome canister, typical element. cheaper, until
it's                   time to replace the element.

K+N looks good with all that chrome, etc. and probably will work fine
for street use.
Weiand from an air restriction viewpoint, appears to be the "easier
breather" with less constriction.
Anyone have an opinion?  Or is there something better?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Dennis
75 SPIT
Omaha, NE