CORRECTION: Looking for 1977 Spitfire Windshield WIPER Motor (was: WASHE

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: CORRECTION: Looking for 1977 Spitfire Windshield WIPER Motor (was: WASHER Motor)
From: Victor Michael <vmichael@enteract.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 10:06:45 -0500
Greetings,

I think I goofed up my last post while looking for the motor that drives the
windshield wipers. When I looked up the part in the VB catalog, the part I
needed was labeled "Windshield WASHER Motor".  Another UK English difference,
perhaps.

In any event;  Does anyone have a Windshield WIPER Motor for a '77 (or
compatible year) Spitfire? This is the motor located at the far passenger
side of the firewall ledge, mounted with a metal bracket and a rubber mount
"bushing".  It also has a rigid worm gear (or piston rod?) that goes up into
the firewall which turns the wiper gears and thus the wipers.  I'm interested
in the motor and the mounting hardware.

Thanks!
Happy Fourth
Vic