TR-6 and the daughter

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR-6 and the daughter
From: "Charles Duckworth" <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 10:21:57 -0500
Been a long work week; merging two railroad's computer system
together, anyway most of you know the 'over-forty' routine, eat dinner, lay
on the couch - fall asleep, get up and go to bed.  My oldest daughter calls
me at 9:15 pm Friday night and invites me out for ice cream after she gets
off work.  My
first thought is skip it for another evening and then I think ' this is
exactly why I bought the '6' - late summer evening rides with the wife or
kids....so out of bed I come put on the jeans and tennis shoes and we take
off.  The ice cream place is packed 25 people deep so I decide to take she
to a
school parking lot and let her drive around and get the feel
of a standard shift.  She'd driven a stick before but nothing as heavy as a
TR-6.  So after a couple of laps around the lot I point her out towards the
street and off we go.  She's having a blast, "dad this is really a fun
car"........I let her drive for 15-20 minutes and we stop at another school
lot and change and I drive back.

Came home last night and the first question from her was "...when are we
going
out in your car again".