Out of the Closet (was TR3 Engine Painting)

Subject: Out of the Closet (was TR3 Engine Painting)
From: Jack McCarrick <jmccarr@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 05:40:01 -0400
Robin,

The generator on my car is currently the red you described. I'm assuming
that it came from a donor somewhere.  The mystery of my engine block
original color continues.  I did find a tiny bit of the blue/green
overspray between the numbers on the body ID plate leading me to believe
the engine was painted in the car.  I suspect I'll find more clues when
I begin stripping the rest of the engine compartment.

On this car the brass body plates were painted over.  Removing the the
layers of paint with laquer thinner helped me see a history of the cars
colors.

Good luck in your quest!

Jack McCarrick