Re: TR6 Mains (long)

To: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Mains (long)
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 17:12:10 +1000
At 10:09 PM -0500 5/7/98, Martin Libhart wrote:

>2.  My mocal adapter fit and sealed well, except I'm pretty sure I still
>don't have a good seal on the smaller o-ring (even using the larger of
>the two).  After an hour on the road, my oil pan is too hot to touch,
>but the filter is warm/hot, but still touchable.  I'm assuming the oil
>is not being properly sent through the filter.  It looks to me like a
>thinner large, outer gasket would help in my case - I have the adapter
>torqued down at 18 ft.lbs., but it still won't quite seal the inner
>o-ring.  Any comments/suggestions??

Did you remove the original o-ring from the block before fitting the
adapter - it is not immediately obvious that it is in there.  Two outer
rings will ensure that there is no external oil leak, but the internal seal
will probably not work.  Beware of over-torquing - I have been told that
the threaded boss on the block can break.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U