Re: GT6 clutch problem solved!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 clutch problem solved!
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 05:38:19 -0700 (PDT)
---Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca> wrote:
> As it happens, it was the fulcrum ARM that failed, allowing it  to
recede
> through the plate.  Thus, no clutch, and it explains why the failure
was
> sudden.  BTW,  this pivot hle had beenwelded once already as
evidenced by
> the bronze filler puddle!

Dave,

I guess I'll have a close look at MY clutch lever arm while I install
my new "space age plastic" trans cover. I had that pivot dimple welded
back together about 10 years ago! I think I paid the local shop $5.00
to weld the thing up, as a new one cost $70 or $80 at that time!

Regards,
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ (did I mention the Monza exhaust is LOUD?)
'69 GT6+ parts car sold!
'6? GT6 parts(?) car (bought but yet to be seen!)