Re: tr6 rear shocks

To: Canada <canada@voyageronline.net>
Subject: Re: tr6 rear shocks
From: Aaron Johnson <sugar@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 07:08:37 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I've heard pros and cons for both.  I uprated my lever arms so they are a
stiffer damper.  Some people will tell you that they are horrible and the
tube shock conversion kit is the only way to go.  I'd say this is the case
only if the front suspension has been uprated as well.  I have been
autocrossing my car and have found that spax in the front with an uprated
rear lever arm is a good setup for the car.  The biggest improvement in
handling would be from changing springs.  I have also heard people with
the tube shock conversion kit complain of a floating rear end under
braking but I don't know if that is just the setup of their particular car
a side effect of the tube shocks.... This is only my opinion.....

aaron
CC84967U