What's in a Name

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: What's in a Name
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 12:21:05 -0700
With regard to naming ones car, which seems to be very popular among
Triumph owners, I have given the subject much thought and have arrived
at a name for my Spitfire.

I had earlier been thinking of naming him Winnie (Winston Churchill),
but Leon Guyot didn't think much of that idea.  Apparently Leon has
little regard for politicians, especially drunken ones who are not
opposed to speaking their minds.  So, I have decided that the best name
for my little car is "Huxley".  Aldous Huxley died in 1963, the same
year that my Spit was born.  This name seems particularly appropriate
since Huxley wrote his famous Essay on Mind Altering drugs, entitled
"The Doors of Perception".  Having endless problems related to my own
doors, I think the name is particularly fitting.  And since both the
author and the car are British, it seems that it is especially suitable
that I name my car for this person.  Now, and forever after, FC4505L
will be named Huxley.

Regards,
Joe Curry

1963 Spitfire (Huxley)  FC4505L

--
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man
as it is, infinite."

 -- William Blake