omygodithinkyoufiguredoutmyproblematlast!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: omygodithinkyoufiguredoutmyproblematlast!
From: kehrlich@dyax.com (Keith S. Ehrlich)
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 11:25:23 -0400
Martin Seacrests recent posts regarding the timing difference after
installing his electronic ignition has me thinking again about my
mystery problem.

I have an Pertronix Ignitor system installed in my TR6 and to get the
motor running nice and smooth I have to "road time" it, resulting in an
advance under a timing light of around 24degrees. Runs really badly, if
at all, at the book timing.  Impossible! But now it seems that perhaps,
jsut maybe, I have misaligned the magnetic pickup thingie so its not
firing right off the lobe but actually late, with the "apparent advance"
timing compensating? Could this be the case? Does it matter? Roger
Bolick, are you our there?

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6