Re: omygodithinkyoufiguredoutmyproblematlast!

To: "Keith S. Ehrlich" <kehrlich@dyax.com>
Subject: Re: omygodithinkyoufiguredoutmyproblematlast!
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 22:24:28 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Keith S. Ehrlich wrote:
> But now it seems that perhaps,
> jsut maybe, I have misaligned the magnetic pickup thingie so its not
> firing right off the lobe but actually late, with the "apparent advance"
> timing compensating? Could this be the case?

  Not likely, unfortunately, if you are timing with a light.

  If you are using a light, you get the "flash" in the timing
light whenever the spark occurs, which takes into account any
errors in installing the magetic rotor and so on.

  Did you diassemble your distributor any during the work, and
perhaps assembled or installed it wrong? I know that for
example my LUCAS 4 cyl distributor can be reassembled backwards
which works fine but requires the plug wires installed
differently. (in other words, doesn't fire up even though
you insist to yourself "I CHANGED NOTHING")

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/