RE: Bugs

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Bugs
From: "maineac" <maineac@gateway.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:03:52 -0400
There have been several postings lately about getting bug carcases off of
your Triumph (someone even wanted to use a bra!!).  The best thing I have
found to remove the splats and husks of the insect realm is a paste of
water and baking soda.  Just rub it gently on and even the old, sun-baked
blots will come right off.  Baking soda is not abrasive, so it won't
scratch your paint, and it is totally non-reactive to paint, wax, etc.
Best of all, it has no adverse effect on the environment when you rinse it
off!  Give it a try, it's cheap too. (Standard disclaimers -- I don't own
even 1 share of Arm & Hammer)

Tom Walling in bug country (Maine)