Re: TR dash replacement time (w/humor)

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net, Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR dash replacement time (w/humor)
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 09:25:16 -0700
Scott,

> I expect it will take 2-3 hours to remove the old dash and
> install the new one, so I plan to budget 8-10 hours for the task.

The 8-10 hours was a bit a sarcasm mixed in with reality.  I'm sure
many of us have started a "quick" project, only to be still working on
it a week later.  Here is a guideline:

Estimate the time you think it should take.
- If you've done it many times before, add 10 percent.
- If you think it's simple and straightforward, double the estimate.
- If you realize it's going to be difficult, quadruple the time
- If you don't know what your doing, keep your schedule open and invite
some of your club friends over next week to help fix what you've done.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6