Re: Spit fire body removal<3.0.1.32.19980710014128.00689ddc@abacom.com>

To: Pierre-Yves Morissette <pym@abacom.com>
Subject: Re: Spit fire body removal<3.0.1.32.19980710014128.00689ddc@abacom.com>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 09:01:22 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK

>Fellow Listers...

>       I need some help regarding lifting the body off my 72 spit..  I have
>removed all (8) mounting bolts, steering colomn, and brake cables and all
>wires that might be in the way...  and the body seems to be stuck...  the
>read & front lift off the chassis (1/2 an inch) when I pull on them,  but
>the center porting seems to be stuck there...  does anyone have any idea as
>for what could be holding it there?

OK, there are 2 bolts on each front outrigger, one that you undo from under
the bonnet, and one, a nut and bolt at the end of the outrigger that is
reached from underneath and inside the car.  Then there are 2 bolts on each
cross member inside, just in front of the seats.  Then there are the seat belt
anchors next to the transmission tunnel.  Then, there is one bolt each side on
the rear 'platform' bit behind the seats, usually under  black sound deadening
pad that you'll have to chip off to find.  Then on top of the rear axle tunnel
there are another 2 bolts, one either end.  Also, don't forget the rear radius
arm mounts, and also the handbrake cable.  Can't think of anything else other
than what you have already mentioned like the steering column and cabling.

Good Luck

Rich