RE: Replacement Tops

To: "'Bob Danielson'" <75trsix@snet.net>
Subject: RE: Replacement Tops
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:08:33 -0700
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Spitfire List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Bob,

        I ordered a Mohair version from Prestige during the height of El Nino
this year.  I love it !  The canvas is so much more workable and looks great.
I usually start off shows with the top up just so folks can admire it, before
giving them a taste of my ultra cool Hawaiian Koa wood dash as it sparkles and
dances in the sun.

        I'm not really sure what the difference is between the regular canvas
and the mohair, but the Mohair has a light tan material bonded to the inside.
All Prestige tops come with fasteners already installed to factory specs...at
least as factory as Coventry exemplified.  On my Spit, the original top
actually fastened to the cross bars in the frame...5 snaps across the forward
bar, 4 across the back.  On the Prestige, both of these areas come as full wrap
style...four snaps each and fastening to the other side of the wrap.

        One other note re: Mohair...they make the Mohair to order, so there is
an additional weeks wait.  Price, even with shipping was cheaper than here in
the states.

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA
prubrew@ix.netcom.com
Newsletter Editor/Publicity Director
Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club
TTSCC is the host club for Triumphest 1999