car alarm

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: car alarm
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 15:06:27 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I have been thinking of adding an alarm since someone entered my vehicle and
removed the stereo speakers that were just sitting on the rear shelf.  Today
I was in a Radio Shack and they had an alarm (model RS-2000) on their
clearance table for $29.00 (regularly $59.00).  This box had obviously been
sold and returned, but all the parts were there.

I bought it and had it installed in under 45 minutes.  It connects directly
to the battery and ground. There is an LED, which leads I brought into the
passenger compartment and mounted with double sided sticky under the dash. I
mounted the siren under the hood on the shelf in front of the glove box.

It works great.  Any electricity use sets it off.  It is quite sensitive,
open either door, the trunk or glove box and it fires off.  So even if the
top is down and someone just reaches in and opens the glove box, it'll fire.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK