Triumph suppliers list

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph suppliers list
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 21:45:20 EDT
Hi, listers;

The suppliers list was missing one company that needs mentioning....Clear
(Cleer?) Hooters......the supplier of light switches on the GT6+ and probably
other Triumphs. Maybe John McCartney can shed some light on this organzation.

One cold December night at Fort Bragg, North Carolina I pushed the rocker
switch to turn on the headlights in my 1969 GT6+ and the switch catapulted
from the dash board into the rear luggage area. The pivot tabs on the switch
had failed. My only alternative was to stuff Kleenex into the switch housing
which compressed the contacts and illuminated the headlights. I drove like
that for a while because the local Triumph dealer couldn't secure a
replacement (the same guy that told me the front suspension wasn't
adjustable!). Several times the Kleenex "let go" and the headlights went out
while I was driving. So I glued the switch back together and wired a toggle
switch under the dash to operate the lights. Clear Hooters......is it possible
they manufactured horns and see thru bras as well???!!!

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan