[no subject]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: chammock@iquest.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 20:58:54 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: TR3, Exhaust, Stud, Removal
        Well, the weekend was TOO good.  Beautiful weather, long rides in
the car, having a great time.  Decided to change the oil today, just because
the car deserved it.  After the change, was looking under the hood and
noticed teh nut on the number 1 cylinder front exhaust stud was about half
backed off.  No problem got the wrench to tighten it.  The stud was broken,
apparently at the end of the threads on the engine side.

Any way to get this out without major dismantling?  I hate to start serious
drilling etc without knowing what Im getting into.  I also dont want to have
to dismantle the engine just now.  It appears that this is no new break.
THe metal was not fresh at the break.

I appreciate your assistance in advance.  Thanks!

Perry Hammock
Little green TR3 - but Im a bit blue just now.