Fwd: TR6 corneringboundary="part0_900393772_boundary"

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: TR6 corneringboundary="part0_900393772_boundary"
From: JoEllisTR3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 01:22:50 EDT

--part0_900393772_boundary

From: TRIUMPHsix@aol.com
To: rcarley@uoguelph.ca, JoEllisTR3@aol.com
Subject: TR6 cornering
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 23:37:02 EDT

Hello!

I race a 1973 TR6 (autocrossing) and have experienced the same phenomenon of
rear-end drift when one lets off of the gas in a corner.  I have a rear sway
bar on - 7/8" in the front, 3/4" in the rear, and springs that are about 15%
stiffer than stock.  The result is overall much more balanced than the stock
setup.  HOWEVER, the rear end does  still break loose when lifting in a corner
just by sheer nature of the semi-trailing arm rear suspension.  the weight
transfers to the front, and the rear tires recieve a lot of positive camber as
a result, and loose traction.  It's a good technique in autocrossing when you
want it to happen.  Another technique that is unique to the car is the
converse - when the rear end slides out in a turn, floor the gas which will
transfer weight to the rear, giving the rear end more negative camber and
(hopefully) will give enough traction to stop or slow the slide.  Just be
carefull with that technique if you have more power than stock!  They both
work quite well in the TR6 on the autocross track!   My understanding is that
anything that will minimize vertical movement of the rear end of the car will
minimize the problem - i.e. stiffer springs and/or shocks.

Hope this helps!
Dave Gott
1973 TR6

--part0_900393772_boundary--