[no subject]

To: "'Triumphs-List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
From: Chuck Ackerman <CACKERMAN@aimaviation.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 98 10:26:00 PDT

Chuck here

Help!
Well I installed a Crane/Allison electronic ignition in the 70TR6
Had the local speed shop put the distributor on the machine and
it still runs bumpy at idle and steady speed (accelerates good :-)
Presently running NGK-BP6ES plugs and Bosch rotor, cap, and wires
(Plug reading normal to slightly white)
Runs worst the hotter it gets.
I adjusted the valves cold.
Maybe I adjusted them to tight?
The engine gets hot and the clearances close up?
Maybe the rockers are not getting enough oil and they
are sticking to the shaft?
I bought new battery cables and the negative cable has two connectors for
the engine.
Is the top bolt on the back of the head a oil outlet?
I hook the negative cable to it and the bolt that holds the hook (engine
lift)
It is leaking a little oil onto the back of the block.
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Chuck Ackerman 70TR6 Seattle WA