Re: Have a Missing Problem

To: dkimberl@ops.org
Subject: Re: Have a Missing Problem
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 14:47:51 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> One of my resource books notes that if a condensor goes bad, the engine
>  will begin to misfire or run poorly.
>  Have never experienced this latest quirk before.
>  Anyone have an idea(s)?
>  Thanks.

Dennis, electrical ignition problem is my first guess.   Change the points and
the condensor.  Make sure the distributor cap is OK and the wires in and
around the distributor are not frayed or shorted out.  Be sure the small wire
which goes to the condensor is not shorting against anything.

I had a very similar problem and it was the small wire to the condensor (the
wire is inside the distributor).  There is a plastic insulator there that had
split open and was causing an intermittant short.  After I fixed that I
replaced the points etc. and no more problem.  Let us know what you come up
with.  Cheers.

Art Kelly