Re: TR3 Sway Bars

To: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Subject: Re: TR3 Sway Bars
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:13:40 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Mike Thompson wrote:

> Does anyone autocross or race a TR3 or early non IRS TR4 or have any
> expertise on the subject. If so, should you use a sway bar on the front
> only or does it handle better with both front and rear sway bars.

        Guilty...

        I would go with sway bars front and rear... unless you have some
        sort of posi. If so just a sway bar in the rear only. It's been my
        experience that the car pushes (understeers) WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY
        too much with a front and rear set up.

        The Green Man (which had bars front and rear) was so bad, after I
        put in the locker, it would hardlyanswer the helm at all under power
        in first. I found out that little tidbit from Denny Wilson (exTR
        racer and the guy I bought the locker from)... It works

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois