Re: CLUTCH HELP/HELL

To: Jody007@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: CLUTCH HELP/HELL
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 18:12:35 -0400 (EDT)
At 8:29 PM -0000 7/13/98, Jody007@aol.com wrote:>
>I personally of never heard of anything like this:

 heading uphill on fairly
>steep grades, I loose all clutch pressure - the clutch pedal goes to the
>floor. For instance if I'm travelling up a steep hill with a stoplight at
>the top and I must come to a complete stop,

Jody: your thrust washers have taken a dive into the oil pan. Get the car
on a lift, drop the pan and hope that you haven't trashed the end bearing
cap and the block. You can do this at home if your the slightest bit handy
with basic tools.
 The cheap fix (for now!) is to rev the car up to @ 3500 rpm in neutral
before depressing the clutch. This will spin the crank and flywheel back to
where the throwout bearing can do some useful work on the clutch. Hey, I
used to think that TR owners blipped the throttle at stoplights 'cause the
engine sounded cool! Wow, do I know better now!