CLUTCH HELP/HELL

To: sutherla@nu.cs.fsu.edu
Subject: CLUTCH HELP/HELL
From: Jim Faulkner <jrf@lanl.gov>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:45:18 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I had these EXACT symptoms on my 6 right after a rebuild of the engine,
clutch, etc. The garage floor is flat, and it would be fine if parked in
the garage. The driveway is uphill and if left there overnight, the clutch
would be soft, and would not pump up. I would roll it into the street, then
it WOULD pump up. I bled the system repeatedly, but never could get it
fixed before a woman in a large GMC truck rearranged the car's rear end
sheetmetal.

I know that the thrust washer end play was in spec-I finished a rebuild of
the engine a month before. The suggestion of the bleed nipple/inlet hose
being reversed is a logical one, and I'll check it this wekend.

Please let us know what you find.

Jim Faulkner
Los Alamos, NM