TR4 - TR4A crankshaft

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 - TR4A crankshaft
From: Eric Miller <emiller@europa.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 19:58:23 -0700
Hello-

My 65 4A came with an early TR4 motor, but has the TR4A borg & beck clutch.
 While tearing apart the motor, I had the crank magnafluxed and it was
cracked, so I tossed it.  Luckily, the car came with a spare crank, which
is in fine condition.  I have not put the engine back together yet, but was
got to thinking that the good crank is probably from a TR4 (since all of
the other spares that came with the car were taken off a 4).  Anyone know
if the crank from a TR4 will work with a 4A flywheel and clutch?  Seems
like the flywheel would determine which clutch you would have to use, but I
just thought I would check.

Thanks,
Eric Miller
Portland, OR