Re: boot seal on '73 GT6 ?

To: Neil Sampson <neil.sampson@gecm.com>
Subject: Re: boot seal on '73 GT6 ?
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 22:49:03 -0400
Cc: List-Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Neil Sampson wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Well, I've had my car the grand total of a month now and chuffed to bits with
> it, anyway, there are only a few small items that I need to pay attention to
>:-
>
> 1. The boot spills out water when opened (usually sometime after a heavy
> rainfall)
> 2. The heater/air con thingy on the dash, doesn't move whatsoever and is next
> to useless, would be handy to have it blow out some air at least - must get
> this done before the winter, so as I can demist the windscreen when it's cold.
> 3. The quarterlight windows at the front are very iffy, I need to replace
>these
> at somepoint soon as well, otherwise I feel they may fall off or get very
> loose.
>
> Also there are a few other things that I'd like to do internally with the car,
> but I would be very grateful for some pointers in where to go to get such
> little small things, like new-ish facia vents, new-ish window-wind mechanism
> etc... any ideas ?
>
> The TSSC club seems to sell the large items, but the smaller things I'm not
> sure where to start, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would be very
> grateful.  By the way, I live in the UK if that makes any difference on
>getting
> my hands on these bits !
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> neil
>
> 1973ish GT6

Neil:

You need to replace your boot seal, and you should do it before rust
starts eating your boot's paint job from the inside out.  Victoria
British is the best source I found for this part -- it comes in an
unjoined strip, longer than you need; you cut to length.  Use a razor
knife to cut and remove your old seal, and string and silicone lubricant
to pull in your window over the new one.  It's a snap, and worth doing.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6