more show stuff

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: more show stuff
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 10:59:28 -0400
I have found that the rules and classes for the shows around here are
unique to each club. The TR gets put in all sorts of classes, but I get
annoyed when I'm thrown in with the Corvettes. This past Sunday I was in a
show and the class was 2-seat sports cars. So there was a raft of
Corvettes, my friend's Porsche and me. The gal next to me had a '94 'Vette
(??) that was being polished and pampered incessantly. When it came time
for the hardware, a nice '65 Corvette roadster got 1st (he deserved it),
Glen's 911 took second, and I got 3rd. I waved to The Polisher on my way up
to the podium.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.