Re: Ignitor ignition&coil question Tom and Martin,

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ignitor ignition&coil question Tom and Martin,
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:14:26 PDT
--Snip--
Actually I have a TR3A, 4cyl.  I believe that the NAPA guy looked it up
in the book before I went to the NGK plug, but its possible he just did
a cross reference from whatever plug the PO had in there, I don't
remember.  In either event it could well be the wrong plug
--Snip--

As the fouth generation in my family to work in/own a NAPA store, I'm
shocked that you could suggest one my brethern is wrong :)

Seriously, if you came in with a plug in your hand he would probably
just give you a direct replacement or an interchanged part. The TAMS
system is quite good at interchanging common parts like plugs to any
brand you like. If you told him Triumph TR3A he would have given you the
OEM spec plug, which as we all know doesn't always work perfectly 30
years later.

Ryan Smith
Mechanical Engineering, VPI&SU
72 Spitfire