TR3 Restoration ?s

To: triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 Restoration ?s
From: Jim Bauder <JimBPPS@att.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 19:28:48 -0800
Listers,

I am finally putting my TR3 back together rather than taking it apart.
However, I have some questions about the best way to accomplish my
goal of having my TR be as original and as "clean" as possible at
minimum cost!

The body is off the frame and the frame has been sand blasted and
painted, although I still have some touch up left to do. This weekend
I want to assemble the brakes, install the brake and fuel lines and
install the shocks. This leads me to my questions. Please donąt hold
back, all opinions and ideas are appreciated!

1. I want to leave the steel fuel and brake lines and shocks łnatural˛
but, they probably will rust unless I apply some type of clear finish.
Any ideas or advice as to what type of clear finish/sealer is best? Or
any other ideas?

2. I want the brass fittings on the fuel lines, fuel pump and engine
fittings i.e.; water heater valve, fuel shut off, etc. to be clean and new
looking. Any ideas on how to keep the brass fittings looking clean
and polished but without the Brasso Marine belt buckle kind of
shine?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Bauder
Ś58 TR3 in boxes