Re: TRA judging guide

To: Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu
Subject: Re: TRA judging guide
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:04:52 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> What's the deal with TRA vs VTR? Was there sort of a proto-flame war? TRA is
> just "wet
>  liner" 4cyl TRs, right?

The Vintage Triumph Register (VTR) is an organization for ALL Triumphs, not
just sports cars.

Until recently the TRA was only for "Triumph Roadsters" that is TR2/3's.  TRA
just expanded its membership last year to include the other early 4 cylinder
(wet liner) Triumph sports cars- that is TR4/4A's.  (BTW - the "TR" as in TR2,
TR3 etc. originally meant "Triumph Roadster."  Technically the TR4 and 4A's
are not roadsters since they have roll-up windows in the doors.)
Many TR2 thru 4A owners belong to both origanizations.

>There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of TR2-3 info
> on the VTR
>  website, either.

Matter of opinion.  But there is also some TR2/3 stuff in the maintenance
section of the website.

> There does seem to be a good mixture of 4 and 6 cyl types
> on this list,
>  however.

Sure- because the "list" is completely informal and, as such, is not in the
same category as the VTR and TRA.  Those two latter organizations do a lot
more than send e-mail messages back and forth.  That's not a knock - I love
the list - it just serves a different purpose.  Go to an event sponsored by
the VTR or TRA and you'll see what I mean. (Oh BTW - Many folks on the list
belong to the VTR or TRA.) Cheers.

Art Kelly