Re: Heat/Sound Insulation

To: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Heat/Sound Insulation
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 18:15:12 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
john donohoe wrote:

> Um, this might seem a silly question, but regarding the
> aluminum/bubble wrap insulation that was mentioned yesterday: are we
> intalling this inside or outside the body? At first I figured inside,
> but then realized that it might be more efficient if the heat was
> deflected before it even got to the body...
>
> Also, I wonder about attaching it to the underside of my new tranny
> cover before installation.
>
> Does this material help much with sound deadening? The free flow
> exhaust I recently installed on my GT6+ sounds great for a short run,
> but it really seems to resonate in the back of the car.
>
> Enough questions for now!
>
> John Donohoe
> '70 GT6+ (drove 30 it miles to work today:-)
> (yes, that's a big deal to me considering how long I've been at it...)

John:

Put it on both the inside and outside of your tunnel.  Attach to the
inside with 3M General Trim adhesive spray -- for the outside, let your
carpeting keep it in place.  Will help with noise somewhat -- makes a
BIG difference with heat, but you really need to put it on both sides to
notice.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6