Spitfire HP & SUVs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire HP & SUVs
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 16:01:14 -0500
Ok, now I understand my Spitfire has 57 HP.  When I bought it I was
happy to see it had a Webber downdraft carb so that I suppose may help a
little.  Oddly the first mechanic I took it to (u joints) advised me to
cylinders.  Yer gonna burn it up???
        I've always noticed that no matter what I drive people just pull out in
front of me.  Beetle, Spitfire, Caravan it don't matter cause they are
trying to kill you.  My dad drove a Greyhound bus for 35 years and some
of the best advice he ever gave me was drive like everyone else on the
road is trying to kill you.  Second best: always be looking for a place
to drive to avoid someone when they are trying to kill you (pick the
softest spot in the ditch I guess).
Pick up trucks, SUVs ALWAYS drive 60 - 65 in 45MPH zones in
Jacksonville, I don't have the gall (or balls)to try to keep up. It's a
macho thing I guess; dog, ladder,PVC pipe & empty beer cans in the bed
and away they go!!!!!  Everybody's got to be somewhere!!