re: Do I Want a TR6?

To: Gary Davis <GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: Do I Want a TR6?
From: "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 98 15:39:12 -0600
Gary,
        If you can work on an MG, you can work on a Triumph. A good shop
manual (I recomend the Robert Bentley manual) will aid you in most repairs.
The cars are very simply engineered and the work is for the most part
straight forward. Otherwise, I'm sure all the listers will gladly share
their knowledge.

Shawn Loseke
1972 TR6
1967 Ford Cortina GT1600
-------------
Original Text
From: "Gary Davis" <GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov>, on 7/17/98 12:57 PM:
Have been lurking here for a few days because I'm interested in learning
more about, and possibly purchasing, a TR6 as a daily driver when
Montana weather permits.  I have a 1970 MGB GT, and although I am
somewhat mechanically-challenged, with the help of the MG list, I've
been able to do most of the maintenance work myself.  Is the TR6 more
difficult and/or expensive to maintain than the MGB?  Are parts as readily
available as they are for MGB's?

I'd appreciate advice on these issues - Gary Davis