RE: Geezers in the fast lane, did I just pass Larry?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Geezers in the fast lane, did I just pass Larry?
From: "Coday Family" <coday@localaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 17:28:43 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Coday@Mail.localaccess.com>
> Will the steering wheel only turn every 30 miles or so? What is the fetish
> with driving in the left-hand lane, which I learned in this century was for
> passing, not for those planning on driving a long way. If you ain't in a
> hurry, get in the slow lane.

Is 5 miles an hour over the speed limit really that slow?

>There you can travel at leisure, and let us
> with more testosterone and better eyes blow on through!! Besides, we set off
> all the speed traps for you guys!!

Well, I like the speed trap idea.

The problem with the slow lane on the right as stated before is the
constant merging on and off.  Also there are a fair amount of stupid
drivers cutting across several lanes at a time, passing in the
right/slow lane when the autobahn lane is only going 70, so to some
extent in the far left lane, you only have to deal with idiot drivers
to your right, behind and in front.  It has some defensive appeal.

Although I appreciate the warning concerning the New Jersey traffic
law.  Here in the NW, all the lanes seem to be full a good deal of
the time, I don't think there's any move afoot to target the left
lane residents, more worried about the big truck/big tire/packing a
357, mother-in-law in the trunk bumpersticker crowd.

On a serious note, my wife and I spent six or eight years as EMT
ambulance Fire Dept volunteers.  I have scraped up all the people I
ever needed to out on the roads.  A good number of the accident
scenes had the tell tale puddles of testosterone.

Be careful out there, especially if you are in the lbc's instead of
the armored personnel carriers.

Mike

59 TR3 TS52320 (a daily driver wannabe)