Hudson Area Ideas

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hudson Area Ideas
From: SSwan60@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 13:39:23 EDT
I may be a day late with this, but here are some ideas on where to go around
Hudson.  First downtown has a few watering holes, try Dick's Place (bar bar)
and Barkers (variety of sandwiches).  There is a decent Italian resturant on
the north side of North Hudson called Mama Maria's.

Across the river in Viking country (God's country) is Clydes (bar, decent
resturant, attached to a marina) which is just south of Bayport.  Also further
south on the river is Afton in which you'll find Lerk's Bar (great hamburgers,
1964 kitchen atmosphere) and Selma's Ice Cream Parlor.  North on the river is
Stillwater which has an abundance of great bars (Cat Bellew, Mad Capper,
Trumps, Popeyes) and resturants (Freighthouse, Esteban's, Vittoreo's, ...) in
the old downtown area.

Back in Packer land at the confluence of the Mississippi and St. Croix (check
out the blue/brown line between the two) is Prescott which even has a Jimmy
Buffet type bar called Boat Drinks (never been there).

Some good drives are 1)south along the Mississippi on the Wisconsin side to
Lake Pepin, and 2)north up to Oseola on the Wisconsin side and back along the
Minnesota side.

Well, there's some quick ideas.  Hope to see you there, I'll be helping out on
the Autocross on Wed.

Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN